Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Week 2 Day 2

Today I feel totally defeated. Totally and completely. It didn't start that way. When I got to class I was tired. I missed meditation in favour of 10 more minutes under the covers. I wasn't sure I was prepared but as I moved into asana practice, I felt more present than I've felt any other previous 6 days. My breath flowed. I was able to give my body what it needed and I felt really good. Solid. (Almost) peaceful.

But as I was feeling presence, I got a reminder of more things to work on. More to do. And I found myself being very frustrated. I felt so joyful in my expression of the poses today that I didn't want to hear another way in which I am inadequate. Something else to strive for.

For just a moment, I wanted to enjoy where I was and what I was doing.

No comments: