Monday, September 15, 2008

Week 1 Day 1

Yoga Boot Camp

Rubber band status: Really thick, inflexible band. Snaps back immediately. Can't even fit it around a handful of pencils.

Discovery: ankle sweat

1. Passion - baking (my current passion)
2. Strength - organization (my clothes and lunches are ready for the week)
3. Weakness/challenge - Impatience (I was already annoyed in class when people were talking to quietly (SPEAK UP!) or just wouldn't talk. (BE A MAN!))

Boot camp ended well this morning. I feel great. I am SO inflexible in the morning and without warm up. Child's pose didn't even feel good. Thanks to Dillon for reminding me that my hands can be above my head.

Table top with arms turned and fingertips facing my knees was the worst its ever felt. In fact, it usually feels pretty good. Once again, Dillon to the rescue to tell me to move my knees forward. It worked! What a great tip.

The flow portion of the class started slow and stiff. My ankles are very stiff as are my calves. (See rubber band status above). My breath throughout the entire flow portion was short and breathy. I finally began to loosen up a bit around the third round. Even my planks began to take that old familiar comfortable feeling. Nice.

No comments: